Since 1999, Thinkorswim has supported traders through innovative trading platforms that have been recognized as some of the industry’s best for options trading. In our short history we have grown by leaps and bounds because we continue to focus on what we do best – delivering powerful, easy-to-use trading technology, supporting active traders over a wide range of products, and teaching the world a smarter way to seek risk management and spot potential opportunities.
In the beginning, our goal was simple, yet ambitious – to change the online brokerage industry and to shatter tradition for the benefit of the self-directed stock and option trader. Thanks to our advanced client-side technology and the range of offerings we delivered, our plan worked.
And now, as Thinkorswim® by TD Ameritrade®, we are combining our innovative approach to trading with the independent research, portfolio management tools, strong client service capabilities and stability that TD Ameritrade has been known for. The goal of our combination has been to redefine and set a new standard for the brokerage industry, to make a better experience for today’s traders, and – no surprises here – that’s what thinkorswim has always been about.
Whether hedging, speculating or seeking enhanced returns, we continue to challenge our clients to learn more, get smarter and make more informed decisions. Don’t be afraid to stick your toe in the water.
The integration of thinkorswim’s groundbreaking trading platform and TD Ameritrade’s network of resources offers investors a powerful trading experience. When people hear the name thinkorswim by TD Ameritrade, they think one thing – transformational. Whether it’s the way self-directed investors trade stocks, options, mutual funds, futures or Forex, we are constantly challenging what’s acceptable – and expected – when it comes to trading. Thanks to our effortless trading technology, research amenities, support resources and access to practical investor education, we are becoming more than just innovative – we’re becoming the standard.
- Live, streaming CNBC plus. It’s instant replay for the financial markets – except better.
- Forex (FX) currency trading is now available on thinkDesktop!
- A state-of-the-art system for monitoring, analyzing and trading equities and option derivatives – efficient, feature-packed and powerful.
- Java-based, browser-less application checks every time you log into it for any software updates and then updates itself.
- thinkDesktop can be run using either “real” or “paper” (fake) money. In the paperMoney mode every user has two virtual accounts each funded with $100,000 of “play money”. Enjoy all of the same features except that the trades aren’t real and you can start over anytime you like.
- Scan Tab to let you search for stocks based on fundamentals, personal and/or sector watch lists, top tens and implied volatility. Coming next month we’ll be adding chart recognition scans, option activity and historical implied volatility
- Powerful analytics, streaming quotes, two charting packages, we could go on and on…
All your account records in one place: trade executions, all past submitted orders, current positions with execution and current settlement prices, year-to-date profit/loss for each underlying stock and index, deposits and withdrawals, commissions, along with the ability to create orders based on past orders and executions.