McGraw-Hill and Stock-Trak, the leader in educational portfolio simulations, have joined together to offer students that purchase a McGraw-Hill college finance textbook a FREE account at Stock-Trak’s new real-time, streaming stock simulation at HowTheMarketWorks.com, used by over 200,000 students and beginning investors each year!
Buying and selling stocks is a fantastic educational experience for students not only to expose them to the stock market, but also to help them understand more about the economy, Wall Street, interest rates, dividend policy, current events, etc.
Activating your free virtual trading account, and creating your own private stock market contest, is easy and takes less than a minute.
1. At www.HowTheMarketWorks.com, professors/instructors should register for FREE and click on Create a Contest.
2. When creating a contest, professors (or students or anyone), can select the trading period dates, the initial cash balance, the commission structure and other trading parameters.
3. After the contest is created, a unique URL will be given displayed to the professor and then that link should be distributed to the students.
4. Students click on the link, and register for free!
5. Students can then start trading.
6. Professors and students can then monitor the class rankings.
Register for free, create your own contest for your class or club, and start practicing trading and learn How The Market Works!
Click here to register for HowTheMarketWorks.com