The Official BPA Stock Market Challenge Is Back!
The Contest is open to all Secondary level members of Business Professionals of America. All contest participants will be given $100,000 to invest across any US stocks, ETFs, or mutual funds. The Top Ten performers will be given an opportunity to attend the 2017 National Leadership Conference in Orlando, FL where they will present their portfolios to a panel of judges for a chance at winning the Grand Prize. There will be a practice session that will run during the month of December. The official challenge begins January 3, 2017 and runs through March 17, 2017. Students can set up their account, register for the official contest and start trading.
Use the following link to set up your account and register for the Official BPA Stock Market Challenge: http://www.howthemarketworks.com/register/76966. If accessing the Challenge through another link such as the search page, you may be promoted to enter a password. You may use: BPA2017 if prompted. If you are not officially linked to the BPA Investment Challenge through registration, you can choose to “Join a Contest” through your main dashboard. Type: OFFICIAL-BPA-2017 in the “Find a Contest” search box to bring up the Official BPA Investment Challenge.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students who set up accounts to participate in the Practice Session of the Challenge conducted during the month of December were automatically linked to the Official Contest and their portfolios were reset so no additional registration is required for those students – just start trading.
- The number of trades is unlimited, but there will be a $10 commission on every trade.
- All stock and ETF orders will execute at real-time prices during market hours, and at the market open on the next business day if placed while the markets are closed.
- Mutual fund orders will execute at 6:00 PM New York time if placed before 4:00 PM (provided the market is open that day), or 6:00 PM on the next business day if the order was placed while the markets are closed.
- Student portfolios will update in real time, with the Challenge rankings also streaming.
- BPA will receive an updated ranking at the end of each week from HowTheMarketWorks and will post it here for weekly updates.
- Real-time rankings will be available on the HowTheMarketWorks website.
Top Ten Performers
At the close of the challenge, the top ten performers will be announced and invited to the 2017 National Leadership Conference in Orlando, FL where they will present their trading strategy in front of a panel of judges. The winning strategy will be awarded with a check for $1,000! In addition, the NLC registration fee for each of the top ten performers who are invited, and attend the conference will be reimbursed by HowTheMarketWorks following NLC.
$1,750 in cash prizes to be awarded at NLC in Orlando!
Grand Prize is $1,000
Second Prize is $300
Third Prize is $100
Fourth through Tenth places receive $50 each
Prizes will be based off total portfolio returns over the trading competition. A live ranking will be provided, however all results are dependent on a final audit by the HowTheMarketWorks team. The results of the audit are final.