As an HTMW Investor, it is very important to have a bird’s eye view of the market. Whether you are gathering information for a purchase/sell transaction or just to learn more about a security, you will be required to collect information from various external sources. Below is a couple of links that we have compiled for our users with an explanation of their usefulness. If you have any suggestions to our list, please do not hesitate to send us a message!
- Bloomberg is a one of the most notable financial news company in the business. If you are considering pursuing a career in finance, you will most probably be initiated with the Bloomberg Terminal, which is computer software that professionals use to analyze financial data. Bloomberg often incorporate data from the Terminal in their news and often publish articles for the average investor. As an example, here is an article on 7 habits of highly effective investors: https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-personal-finance-basics/.
- StockTwits is a social media platform for Investors, dedicated to discussions on stocks. You can share your thoughts on a stock and see other investor’s comments on a security. They also measure the sentiment towards a stock, which can be useful when evaluating how the market feels on a specific security.
- Yahoo! Finance is a free financial resource that can be used to view stock quotes, historical prices, earnings, recommendation trends, etc. This website can be very useful if you are looking to collect data or to simply lookup a security’s quote.
- Earnings Whispers is a website that presents the earnings calendar. Earnings can have a significant impact on price fluctuations, which is why we believe it is very important to be aware of upcoming earnings announcements and the expected values.
- Throughout your journey as an Investor, you will most often hear or read that diversification is key. We can’t talk about diversification without mentioning ETFs, which are ready-made diversified securities that can be traded like stocks. ETF.com is a website that helps users find the ETF that suits their needs.
As mentioned earlier, these are merely a couple of suggestions that we have for our HTMW investors. Should you have any suggestions that should be here, please do not hesitate to let us know!